Friday, March 27, 2009

I Got Burnt Out


Home sick with the flu, catching up on blog posts, getting back into the game, but also watching a lot of movies. The sweetest by far is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. First I adore movies filmed in New York City. I recognized every single location in Manhattan; Arlene's Grocery, Mercury Lounge, Bowery Ballroom, the Brooklyn Bridge (which I love way too much).

This film is a genuine, authentic love story. God, it really made me wish I was 18 again and ready, willing and able to fall in love. The characters run around all night, making out, having sex, making music, getting drunk but also really connecting. At the end, as the sun comes up, they are all on a rooftop somewhere listening to a band. Huh. I used to stay up all night, doing those things. The last time I was out late, maybe 2 a.m., I was sick for three days. It was worth it though :). I was out with JNET and we hit Sapphires and I danced like a fool all night long. I didn't fall in love, but I pretended it was possible.

Here's my little prayer to the universe that when I wake up tomorrow morning, all will be well, and I can go back to the gym, and back to my life, now that spring is here. I think I got burnt out writing for four different blogs, I love it, but I was working seven days a week. This week got an unexpected tap on the shoulder--- my post for the Brooklyn Heights Blog was included in the NYTimes City Section. Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment